Road trips can be incredibly fun, what with stopping off at little-known roadside attractions, grabbing the best burger of your life at a diner in a town with no name, and driving through landscapes so lovely you don’t know where to look. However, road trips also have the potential to be incredibly stressful. Don’t let your next highway-vacay descend into stress! Here at Don Larson Chevy Buick GMC Cadillac, we’ve compiled a few easy-breezy road trip hacks to help your next trek be as smooth-sailing.
- Use a medium-sized plastic cereal container and a normal plastic shopping bag for the perfect spill-less in-car trash can.
- Keep your car smelling fresh by stashing an open box of dryer sheets and a mason jar full of baking soda with holes poked into the lid under the front seats.
- Make sure you have a physical guidebook on roadside car maintenance (changing a tire, jumping a battery, etc.) in the glove box. You never know where you’ll break down — you might just be somewhere with no cell service.
- If you’re traveling with kids, keep them busy and your backseat tidy by hanging shoe organizers from the headrests of the front seats and filling them with games, snacks, and other amusements.
- Don’t travel without cash. Most toll booths across the country do not accept credit cards.
We hope these road trip hacks come in handy! If you happen to need a new vehicle before you challenge the endless freeways of America, pay us a visit at Don Larson today.